Thursday 16 June 2016

Something fishy's going on at Fairfax Court!


The Fairfax Court Yarnstomers - Jose, Edna, Jean & Doreen (not pictured) & their Fantasy Fish


  
This week I went to visit the Fairfax Court Yarnstormers who over the last few years have been fantastic at supporting our yarnstorming projects.  I knew they had been knitting fish as I went to tell them all about the Fantasy Fish Yarnstorm earlier this year and they were keen to join in.  However I had no idea how many fish they would knit...

Piles of fantasy fish

It was amazing.  When I arrived, I was met by piles of #fantasyfish - more than I could have imagined!  Jose told me how good the project had been for using up all her bits of yarn and (top tip) if you used two yarns together you got a rather nice mottled effect. 

and here's the shoal!

It did take a while to lay them all out!

The Fairfax Court Yarnstormers have done it again!  More than 130 fish have swum along to #increasetheshoal. Thank you so much Jose, Edna, Jean & Doreen!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, they have been busy, and by the smiles in the photo they have enjoyed it too. What an amazing fishing catch to add to your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a fantastic haul and not long to go till it goes on show!

      Delete